Pacific Monsters – table of contents
Asian Monsters is presently on the short list for the British Fantasy Society award for best Anthology and Chikodili Emelumadu’s short story Bush Baby from African Monsters made this year’s Caine Awards shortlist. 2017 has proven to be a good year for monsters.
We are pleased to announce that Pacific Monsters is due out this November. Pacific Monsters is the fourth volume in our world tour exploring horror continent by continent, beginning in Europe. See more about the series and the monsters here.
In this collection, we explore the old myths and monsters in the Pacific region with short stories, graphic stories and art from Australia, New Zealand and some of the Pacific Islands. Margrét Helgadóttir is once more the editor.
Our gorgeous cover series by Daniele Serra will continue for this fourth volume. Dani is a previous BFS Best Artist winner and is up for the award again this year.
Table of contents:
- Tina Makereti: ‘Monster’
- AJ Fitzwater: ‘From the Womb of the Land, Our Bones Entwined’
- Rue Karney: ‘The Hand Walker’
- Michael Grey: ‘Grind’
- Octavia Cade and Dave Johnson (art) : ‘Dinornis’
- Raymond Gates: ‘The Legend of Georgie’
- Jeremy Szal: ‘The Weight of Silence’
- Simon Dewar: ‘Above the Peppermint Trail’
- Iona Winter: ‘Ink’
- Bryan Kamaoli Kuwada: ‘All My Relations’
- Tihema Baker: ‘Children of the Mist’
- Kirstie Olley: ‘Mudgerwokee’
- Michael Lujan Bevacqua and Dave Johnson (art) : ‘I Sindålu’
- AC Buchanan: ‘Into the Sickly Light’
The book will have illustrations by Laya Rose, Lahela Schoessler, Kieran Walsh and Eugene Smith.